Frequently Asked Questions

Park Questions

Are slip-and-slides and / or ice blocking allowed?
No, they damage the turf and are NOT ALLOWED.
Does my reservation include the use of power / water?

Yes, there are outlets in most pavilions.  The outlets are good for warming food and the use of a stereo. The outlets cannot accommodate the use of a bounce house.  A bounce house must have its own generator. There are drinking fountains, but the use of hoses and water from a spigot are not available for the public to use.


How can I reserve a park?

You make all park reservations online! Here's how:

  1. Click here or visit .
  2. Select the park you want from the map, scroll down on the park information window and click "Reserve an Amenity".
  3. Sign in or create an account with the City of St. George.
  4. Once you have logged into your account, select the amenity and the date and time you would like to reserve it. 

    Please call (435) 627-4530, or stop by our Parks Office (390 N. 3050 E., St. George) Mon-Fri between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm. If you are having issues making reservations online.
How do I prove that I've reserved a park?
You will be emailed a Facility Reservation Permit to keep with you during your activity.  You may post your Facility Reservation Permit, if desired, at least one hour before your reservation begins to let people know that the area is reserved. The City of St. George is not responsible for doing so. 
What are the 4 hour reservation time blocks?
  • 7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. 
  • 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
  • 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
What hours are the city parks open?
Parks are open sunrise to 10:00 p.m., except in those areas posted with alternative hours or if extended hours were approved for a city approved event.
What type of event is considered to be a "Special Event"?
A special event is typically a one-time event such as a sports tournament, concert, walk or run in a park/trail. A park reservation AND a Special Event Permit are required to hold this type of event in a park or on a trail. To have a special event you must first make the park or trail reservation and then contact Special Events at (435) 627-4712 to obtain the Special Event Permit.
Which parks are not able to be reserved?
  • 1100 East Park
  • Atkinville Wash Park
  • Black Hill View Park
  • Blake Memorial Park
  • Bloomington Hills North Park
  • Bloomington Hills Park
  • Brooks Nature Park
  • College Park
  • Hidden Valley Park
  • Petroglyph Park
  • Snake Hollow Bike Park
  • The Canyons Complex
  • Thunder Junction Park